Software Engineer II
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
Are you passionate about working on cutting edge technology? Do you want to be a part of a team that is constantly pushing the envelope to create the next generation of robotic products? Do you want to see robots working side-by-side with employees in grocery stores, big box retailers, and large warehouses? At Brain Corp, you will have the opportunity to make robotics a reality and change people’s lives. Today, our robots autonomously clean floors, scan shelves for missing products, and move boxes and cargo from one location to another. Tomorrow, our robots will navigate more efficiently and learn quicker while requiring no human assistance.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, the Software Engineer II will get the chance to be part of a top engineering team to build products leveraging our BrainOS platform. As someone with a few years of industry software experience, you will be expected to quickly become a top code-contributor in specific features and functionality that help solve customer problems. As you gain expertise in a specific area of the application stack, you will have the opportunity to interface and coordinate with other teams including but not limited to firmware, hardware, QA, program and product management, and field support. This allows you to not only contribute, but also be part of the discussion around the direction of the project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and contribute to our Python/C++ robot software applications to provide new capabilities, new sensor integration, increased reliability, and improved user experience to our customers.
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high quality releases to production.
- Help resolve production and customers issues and engineer long-term solutions through triage and root cause analysis and data analytics.
- Encourage and facilitate technical discussions with a bias for action, ensuring deadlines are met and drive our product forward.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in software development for complex function-based software that interacts with sensor inputs, control loops and redundancy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Demonstrated proficiency with OOO C++ and/or Python production level coding.
- Curiosity to gain subject matter expertise in specific functional areas while keeping aware of the larger landscape of customer use case and value.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or related industry.
- Experience with robotic motion planning, perception, or SLAM
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; use of hands to finger and grasp; talk and hear at normal room levels; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures; push or pull up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $125,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.