Senior DevOps / Build & Release Engineer
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
As a pivotal member of the Software Engineering team, the Senior DevOps / Build and Release Engineer will optimize infrastructure and enhance software tools to enable rapid iteration and high throughput for our talented developers, working on cutting-edge robotics solutions. This exciting opportunity allows you to make a real difference in the future of robotics and AI by providing the essential tools, processes, and building blocks needed to accelerate our development process. Join us at Brain Corp and help revolutionize the robotics industry while enjoying competitive compensation, benefits, and a dynamic work environment that supports your professional growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and maintain our CMake-based build system.
- Implement and maintain Jenkins CI/CD pipelines for our software products.
- Work with development teams to ensure smooth integration of new features into the build and release processes.
- Manage and maintain Artifactory to ensure that all artifacts are properly stored, versioned, and managed.
- Ensure the stability and reliability of the build and release processes.
- Troubleshoot build and release issues as they arise.
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate and streamline build and release processes.
- Support on-robot development teams (R&D, Application SW, Cloud integration).
- Enforce best practices for polyglot software systems.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, Build & Release engineering, or related field.
- Strong experience with CMake-based build systems.
- Strong experience with Jenkins CI/CD pipelines on AWS or GCP.
- Strong experience with artifacts management (e.g., JFrog Artifactory).
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., Bash, Python, Go).
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive Knowledge of Linux OS, in particular Ubuntu.
- Expertise with scripting languages and build tools such as makefile, CMake, or Bazel.
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, systemd-nspawn).
- Extensive knowledge of debian and apt-get package management.
- Proficiency using Jenkins tool chain in a professional environment.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP)
Things that make a difference:
- MS in computer science, or related field.
- Detailed knowledge of systemd, udev and other configuration and initialization sub-systems used in Ubuntu Linux.
- Software Development experience with C++/ Python expertise.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana).
- Embedded Linux, Robot Operating System (ROS), and RTOS experience.
- Proficiency in using the Atlassian tool chain in a professional environment.
- Customer-focused working style and communication skills.
- Understanding of self-driving vehicles or robotics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $133,565 to $161,684. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.