Senior Electrical Engineer
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
As a member of the Engineering Application Hardware team, the Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for reviewing, debugging, modifying and evaluating electrical circuitry to be used on autonomous mobile robots in a fast and dynamic product development environment. The Senior Electrical Engineer will work closely with 3rd party contract manufacturers in JDM/ODM type design and development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Test and debug circuit designs incorporating specialized hardware devices such as CPUs, MCUs, cameras, analog and digital sensors, motor drivers etc.
- Conduct root cause analysis at board and system level across several disciplines. Initiate, document, and deploy design changes (ECOs) to implement fixes and workarounds
- Manage and expand relationships with outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development
- Provide technical leadership and design guidance to drive outsourced development partners to deliver good HW solutions for all stages of electrical hardware development including design, validation, tooling, manufacturing, and testing
- Create detailed electrical design package (including specifications, BOMs, schematics, wiring diagrams, analyses, etc.) to support design reviews, testing, certifications, and production
- Provide domain-specific expertise to cross-organizational projects, programs, and activities
- Provide design guidance for compliance testing such as EMC, ESD and provide solutions
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 5-7 years hands-on experience debugging hardware devices, experience working with robots is a plus
- Experience using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, soldering equipment, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Evaluate and propose testing methodologies to validate components, circuits, and hardware designs to meet thermal and radio emissions specifications
- Good understanding of compliance testing and its standards
- Experience with test scripting such as Python, C, etc.
- Familiar in the design and layout of high-speed digital interfaces
- Experience using CAD tools and software packages including OrCAD, Allegro, Altium
- Understanding of analog signal conditioning and digital sensor processing; including IR, sonar, and MEMS sensors
- Experience with serial communication buses including UART, SPI, I2C, CAN bus, USB, Ethernet
- Experience with power supply, power inverters, power conditioning, and power distribution in a noisy electrical environment
- Experience in overall architecture of electronic hardware for products and solutions
- Experience sourcing electronic components and working with domestic and international PCB manufacturing and assembly facilities
- Familiar with wireless technology. (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G, etc.)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to write Python and C scripts for test automation
- Affinity for hands-on lab work and troubleshooting complex electronic circuits
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; use of hands to finger and grasp; talk and hear at normal room levels; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures; push or pull up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $105,257 to $136,215. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.