IT Support Technician
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
As a member of the IT team, our IT Support Technician will be providing Tier I & II, day-to-day support for internal staff . This can include, but is not limited to hardware setups, application support, onboarding, offboarding, and all things in-between. You will be responsible for a wide IT scope including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting Windows, Mac and/or Linux operating systems, along with mobile devices and associated SaaS/On-Prem applications. We are a Google Workspace environment supporting Windows, Mac and Linux so experience in GWS is required. This is an internal customer-focused role, and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, resourcefulness, and best-in-class customer support, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Due to the nature of this position, and the occasional requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. You must be motivated by team and business success and possess the ability to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly. To succeed in this role, you must be able to demonstrate strong initiative, learn quickly, be flexible, and demonstrate the ability to maintain high levels of productivity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Tier I & II technical support to internal employees.
- Screen for support via ticketing system, phone, email, walk-ups, and other various applications; Delegates and escalates as needed to either the Systems Administration team or the Director of IT and Facilities.
- Provide support for incidents, service and access requests, and/or questions and training on PC/Mac/Linux computers, printers, phone system, AV equipment, SaaS/On-Prem applications, etc.
- Run diagnostics tools and identifies issues, leverages available tools and external support resources to resolve incidents.
- Maintain, update, and distribute employee badges for building access.
- Maintain, update, and provide input for inventory of company software (SaaS/On-Prem applications).
- Maintain, update, and provide input for inventory of company hardware (laptops, desktops, displays, conference room AV, printers, accessories, and e-waste).
- Maintain, update, and provide input for IT standard technical processes (account creation, standard builds (cross-platform), application documentation, and knowledge base documentation).
- Maintain, update, and provide input for the ticketing system, knowledge base, and reports.
- Support and assist the onboarding process (account creation, hardware build out, new hire orientation, etc.).
- Support and assist the offboarding process (account terminations and hardware collection)
- Assist in procurement of hardware and software requests as needed with supervision from the IT Operations Manager.
- Assist in updating the Brain Corp intranet page as needed.
- Assist in project support as needed and provides status to the IT Team and the Director of IT and Facilities on a weekly basis when relevant.
- Provide support and/or an on-call rotation, outside of normal working hours as required.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by completing one certification per year.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. If this cannot be met, a combination of technical experience and certifications may suffice.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of technical support in a customer service role with direct interface with internal employees in a corporate environment.
- Experience in supporting Google Workspace (G-Suite with deep G-Suite experience required).
- Experience supporting Mac OSX and Linux operating systems required.
- Experience supporting industry standard SaaS tools such as Slack, BetterCloud, JumpCloud, OKTA.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 and Office 365.
- Experience working with laptops and desktops from a major hardware manufacturer, such as Lenovo and/or Apple.
- Experience managing ticket queues in a helpdesk system, Jira experience preferred.
- Experience supporting mobile device management for Apple and Android devices.
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies such TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a change management process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- A desire to learn and grow with the team and company as our needs and mission evolve.
- A commitment to remain focused on personal and professional development.
- The ability to be organized and productive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executive staff.
- Experience managing a cloud-based PBX phone system.
- Experience supporting AV equipment for company all-hands meetings.
- Experience providing technical support for Linux machines running Ubuntu.
- Experience supporting AV events such as video projection/recording, audio mixing.
- Experience with graphic design via Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Passion to learn and work with LLM’s and interactive AI systems is a bonus!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; use of hands to finger and grasp; talk and hear at normal room levels; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures; push or pull up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $61,132 to $79,112. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.