Staff Autonomy Software Engineer
We are Brain Corp and we build AI software for robots and automation services. We set out to create the most intelligent tools, and now, we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into solutions from trusted manufacturers , we are able to transform organizations’ manual operations into automated workflows - making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
As a member of the R&D team, the Staff Autonomy Engineer is expected to develop AI tech that represents the next generation of software for robots - it enables machines to perceive, learn, and navigate complex environments, while avoiding people and obstacles. The candidate is expected to have advanced knowledge in the fields of machine learning, perception, SLAM and motion planning. Staff Autonomy Engineer is expected to take part in guidance of research and development and provide mentorship to other team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides expertise and effectively implements solutions in machine learning algorithms, SLAM, motion planning and robotic perception to solve safe robotic navigation in complex environments.
- Surveys current state of the art and performs research in the field of machine learning, SLAM and motion planning and proposes new research directions.
- Researches and develops adaptive algorithms for robotic learning from human demonstration.
- Develops, integrates, and participates in deployment of solutions to the robot fleet along with assessment of real-world impact through data analysis.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to team members in the field of robotics, machine learning and software development that supports these.
- Researches and develops algorithms in the field of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning for data analysis from the robotic fleet.
- Performs research and development in algorithms for speeding up robotic perception, mapping and motion planning on various hardware platforms.
- Provides expertise and guidance for the development of software frameworks and tools to streamline robotics research.
- Participates in expanding the research and development team.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or a related field.
- Strong experience with machine learning, SLAM or Motion Planning algorithms.
- 4+ years of industry experience or comparable relevant skills.
- Strong experience in machine learning techniques (unsupervised, supervised, reinforcement, demonstration) and optimization algorithms.
- Strong coding skills Python and C++ in the Linux environment.
- Extensive experience converting publications to actual implementations.
- Experience in deep neural network packages (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Experience designing and developing robotic systems using a robotic middleware (such as ROS), and existing libraries and tools.
- Track record of research excellence or/and experience converting publications to actual implementations.
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment and release management tools.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills.
- Experience launching products containing machine learning algorithms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
Additionally, all employees are subject to our COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring vaccines for those employees working in the office or interacting in person with customers. Our policy also includes exemptions for those with sincerely held religious beliefs against the vaccine, and for those with a medical condition or disability that prevents them from receiving the vaccine. For further information about our vaccination policy, please contact email@example.com.