Vice President, Human Resources
Brain Corp is a team of innovators, surfers and, well, brainiacs, that love bringing robots to life through pioneering AI software technology. We take great pride in helping our customers build smarter operations around autonomous robots that are safe, intelligent, and easy to use so they can help people in everyday jobs within environments such as retail stores, malls, airports, hospitals, and more.
Our greatest strength is our people and their diversity. Our team members come from all over the world, but most of us share the same home: sunny San Diego. Autonomous mobile robots are shaping the world around us. Come help us invent the future. For more information please visit https://www.braincorp.com/Position Summary:
The Vice President, Human Resources is a key role within Brain Corp that will be responsible for guiding all aspects of the human resources function. Our greatest assets are our people and their diversity. The role will drive discussions and decisions around direction and strategy across the all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will collaborate widely to evolve policies, processes, procedures, systems, and practices within the department and organization. They will be solutions-oriented, developing and implementing a human resources business plan, establishing accountability and transparency, identifying areas of opportunity and proposed solutions, fostering a diverse and compliant workplace, and enabling employees to realize their full potential.
This role reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and has oversight over a team of four full-time employees as well as third party resources supporting the Talent Acquisition process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the organization's Human Resources function to align with strategic and tactical business initiatives;
- Manage and develop all Human Resource department functional areas and team members;
- Develop and lead comprehensive recruiting strategies and processes to meet human capital needs based on strategic business objectives;
- Collaborate closely with senior leaders and managers as a thought leader for human resources philosophies, processes, tools, and tactics;
- Evolve existing processes, tools, and analytics to improve employee effectiveness, performance management, and retention;
- Refine the total rewards program to ensure compensation, bonus, equity, and benefits to attract and hire top talent;
- Establish relationships and channels to proactively provide solutions to the business as well as recommend and implement solutions when issues arise;
- Ideate diversity and inclusion strategies and drive ongoing dialogue to encourage growth in this area;
- Implement best practices in Human Resources compliance, including employee education and training, policy development and implementation, and workplace safety;
- Oversee the evaluation, classification, and rating of occupations and job positions;
- Foster and grow a powerful culture fueled by our values;
- Evolve onboarding processes for new employees to maximize engagement, training, education, and immersion into what makes Brain Corp a great place to work.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business, or another relevant field;
- 12+ years of Human Resources experience, 8+ in a leadership capacity is ideal, or similar mixture of experience and leadership tenure is required;
- Demonstrated success as a human resources leader influencing leadership teams; experience in executing on business planning, change management, and executive reporting;
- Demonstrated success leading an Human Resources team in a technology focused organization;
- Demonstrated success in establishing short-term and long-term goals, budgeting expenses, and networking with outside peers and organizations to achieve goals;
- Demonstrated ability to resolve human resources matters swiftly and efficiently, including employee complaints, compliance issues, sexual harassment, EEO, and hiring and termination actions;
- Experience in partnering with diverse business teams to collaboratively and creatively solve complex problems;
- Experience in coaching, disciplining, and performance management;
- Ability to react quickly to multiple situations and bring critical items to resolution in a timely manner;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; and
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Things that make a difference:
- MBA or advanced degree in Human Resources or another relevant field;
- SPHR or SHRM-SPC certification;
- Experience with Radford, UKG, or Greenhouse
- Experience in a technology startup, emerging growth environment, or in the AI and robotics industry; and
- Deep experience in any of the following areas: Performance Management, Compensation, Change Management, Compliance, HR Analytics, and Diversity & Inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
Additionally, all employees are subject to our COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring vaccines for those employees working in the office or interacting in person with customers. Our policy also includes exemptions for those with sincerely held religious beliefs against the vaccine, and for those with a medical condition or disability that prevents them from receiving the vaccine. For further information about our vaccination policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.