Software Engineer II
We are Brain Corp and we build AI software for robots and automation services. We set out to create the most intelligent tools, and now, we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into solutions from trusted manufacturers, we are able to transform organizations’ manual operations into automated workflows - making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
Have you ever had an online order canceled because something was out of stock or wasted time going to a store to look at something the website said was available only to find out that it was not? This is the problem we are trying to help our retail customers solve to maximize shopper experience and on shelf availability.
As a Software Engineer on the Applications team, you will be part of a fast-paced team that is pioneering products built on our BrainOS platform to revolutionize the Retail Inventory Analytics Space. You have the ability to quickly pick up new technologies and have a bias for delivering incremental customer value.
Our robotic solutions integrate multiple hardware and software disciplines in order to provide scalable solutions for our customers. For example, we get to think about how to apply autonomous navigation, camera characteristics, and data transfer techniques to ensure that the highest quality images are captured so that inventory insights through computer vision can be realized by our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and contribute to our Python/C++ code base to provide new capabilities, new sensor integration, increased reliability and improved user experience to our customers.
- Practice an ownership mindset where automated testing ensures release quality and development productivity.
- Contribute to the review, testing, and deployment of new features with a data driven approach to evaluating success criteria.
- Help resolve production and customers issues and engineer long-term solutions informed by systematic understanding of root cause.
- Encourage and seed technical discussions with pros and cons of approaches with a bias for action.
What you need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience in software development for complex function-based software that interacts with sensor inputs, control loops and redundancy.
- Demonstrated proficiency with OOO C++ and/or Python production level coding.
- Curiosity and drive to gain subject matter expertise in specific functional areas while keeping aware of the larger landscape of customer use case and value.
- Ability to analytically recommend a path forward where this is technical ambiguity.
- Clear and concise communication (verbal and written) skills.
Things that Make a Difference:
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or related industry.
- Experience with robotic motion planning, perception, or SLAM.
- Experience in IOT, Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; use of hands to finger and grasp; talk and hear at normal room levels; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures; push or pull up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
Additionally, all employees are subject to our COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring vaccines for those employees working in the office or interacting in person with customers. Our policy also includes exemptions for those with sincerely held religious beliefs against the vaccine, and for those with a medical condition or disability that prevents them from receiving the vaccine. For further information about our vaccination policy, please contact email@example.com.