East Coast Technical Support Engineer II (Remote)
Brain Corp is a team of innovators, surfers and, well, brainiacs, that love bringing robots to life through pioneering AI software technology. We take great pride in helping our customers build smarter operations around autonomous robots that are safe, intelligent, and easy to use so they can help people in everyday jobs within environments such as retail stores, malls, airports, hospitals, and more.
Our greatest strength is our people and their diversity. Our team members come from all over the world, but most of us share the same home: sunny San Diego. Autonomous mobile robots are shaping the world around us. Come help us invent the future. For more information please visit https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Technical Support Team, the Technical Support Engineer II is responsible for supporting all software aspects of robots deployed in real life application by reviewing information collected from the robot and accessible in the cloud, analyzing the events impacting customer's operation, identifying potential causes of errors and offering valid solutions. This position will also be the focal point as the voice of customers to interact with engineering groups to drive continuous product improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for customers, both direct customers and OEMs, understanding customer needs, and resolving customer issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with customers, oversee and drive transactional activities with 3rd party service providers aiming at minimal interruption to customer’s operation.
- Conduct independent technical troubleshooting on customer issues and implement resolutions.
- Provide phone based technical support by guiding OEM experts or field techs to resolve issues in real time.
- Drive the quality resolution process starting with customer reported symptoms, progressing through troubleshooting cycles to the identification of root causes.
- Establish and continue to grow the broad knowledge in Brain Corp’s robotic systems to understand how hardware, software, navigation kits, sub-system and cloud infrastructure works and be able to apply that knowledge to solve real-life issues.
- Be able to clearly elaborate and communicate complicated technical issues to customers, peers and engineering teams.
- Provide training & enablement to OEM when needed.
- Travel to training in San Diego at least once per year.
- Some travel to customer sites for repair, deployment or other activities.
- Follow established Brain Corp support processes and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, STEM related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with customers in a technical field or customer service role.
- Proficiency in Linux
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills in resolving software and hardware issues
- Ability to understand complex software infrastructure and architecture
- Logical thinking and ability to take a rational approach to complex issues
- Passionate and responsible
- Great communication skills to articulate problems and convince others
- Strong customer focus and problem resolution skills
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
Additionally, all employees are subject to our COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring vaccines for those employees working in the office or interacting in person with customers. Our policy also includes exemptions for those with sincerely held religious beliefs against the vaccine, and for those with a medical condition or disability that prevents them from receiving the vaccine. For further information about our vaccination policy, please contact email@example.com.