Senior Software Engineer
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
Have you ever had an online order canceled because something was out of stock or wasted time going to a store to look at something the website said was available only to find out that it was not? This is the problem we are trying to help our retail customers solve to maximize shopper experience and on shelf availability.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Software Engineering Applications team, you will be part of a fast-paced team that is pioneering products built on our BrainOS platform to revolutionize the Retail Inventory Analytics Space. You naturally take ownership over feature and project outcomes that span multiple components or individual tasks. You often participate in technical decision making and provide guidance to junior team members in design and implementation details. You thrive in solving complex software systems and challenging technical problems that are not straightforward.
Our robotic solutions integrate multiple hardware and software disciplines in order to provide scalable solutions for our customers. For example, we get to think about how to apply autonomous navigation, camera configurations, and data pipeline workflows to ensure that the highest quality images are captured so that inventory insights through computer vision can be realized by our customers. While this job is highly technical, and being a top code-contributor is expected, this role is expected to be involved in discussions across teams, ensuring scalable system designs and implementations, and having deep understanding of product and customer use cases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, developing and implementing complex software systems in application level code.
- Mentoring junior engineers, providing technical guidance and driving best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high quality software releases.
- Participating in technical decision making, project planning, and technical roadmapping in coordination with Product, Program, and engineering Management.
- Identifying and fixing software bugs to improve system performance and production quality.
- Ensuring software is reliable, scalable and maintainable.
What you need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline.
- 5 years (suggested) of demonstrated experience in software development for complex function-based software that interacts with sensor inputs, control loops and redundancy.
- Demonstrated proficiency with OOO implementation in C++ and/or Python production level coding.
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and developing mid-size software engineering teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered complete software products that meet rigorous functional safety-critical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience being part of agile (scrum) development teams and tailoring processes to maximize team’s productivity and efficiency.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills across different types of data sets.
- Excellent communication skills across verbal, visual and written forms.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or related industry.
- Experience with robotic motion planning, perception, or SLAM
- Experience in IOT, Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
- Disciplined to stay up to date on new technologies and development trends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, and grasp; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; use of measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes; push or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $133,565 to $161,684. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.