Director, Quality Assurance
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
As a member of the technology team, the Director of Quality Assurance will lead and manage our Quality Assurance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high-quality software and hardware products, and a proven track record of driving results through their leadership. The Director of QA will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive quality assurance processes and procedures, and for instilling a vision for quality within the engineering organization as a whole. This role will require a hands-on approach, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including business partners and customers.What is BrainOS? BrainOS is our proprietary software platform, developed to fulfill our vision to build a common robot operating system. BrainOS spans x86 and ARM architectures, supports different sensor modalities (depth cameras, 2D and 3D lidars, RGB, etc), communication modalities (LTE, WIFI), robotic applications, and drive systems. Many important design decisions need to be made to allow us to continue to scale our robotic platform, while optimizing for our shipping products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive quality assurance strategy, including processes and procedures, to ensure the delivery of high-quality software and hardware products
- Lead and manage a team of QA engineers and managers, providing guidance, training, and coaching as needed, while also being hands-on and actively involved in testing activities
- Collaborate with development and product teams to ensure that software and hardware products meet customer requirements and industry standards
- Develop and maintain testing plans and schedules, ensuring that all products are thoroughly tested before release, including testing from a user experience standpoint
- Oversee the preparation of test cases, test plans, and test scripts and ensure that all testing activities are properly documented
- Analyze test results, identify trends, and provide recommendations for improvement, with a focus on automating testing processes where possible
- Stay current with industry trends and new technologies, and evaluate the potential impact on the company's software and hardware quality assurance processes
- Instill a vision for quality within the engineering team, and mentor and motivate team members to promote a culture of quality and continuous improvement
- Work closely with stakeholders, including customers, to understand their needs and ensure that they are being met through the quality assurance process
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in software and hardware quality assurance, including management experience
- Proven hands-on experience in software and hardware testing, including experience with automated testing tools and techniques
- Strong technical skills, including experience testing from a user experience standpoint
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- A self-starter with a passion for delivering high-quality software and hardware products, and a proven track record of driving results through leadership
- Experience in the robotics software industry is preferred but not required
Things that make a difference:
- Experience with products that meet rigorous functional safety-critical requirements
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or related industry.
- Understanding of functional safety process and Safety Certification
- Autonomous robots or Autonomous driving systems experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $174,825 to $194,250. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.