Senior Data Engineer
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, a Senior Data Engineer will get the chance to be part of a top engineering team to build products leveraging our BrainOS platform. A Senior Data Engineer is expected to be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the systems and infrastructure that support the collection, storage, and analysis of large sets of data. The Senior Data Engineer should have a strong background in computer science, software engineering, or a related field, as well as experience with data storage and processing technologies. Additionally, a Senior Data Engineer should be familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Grafana or Looker, and data analysis techniques such as machine learning. Strong problem-solving skills, good communication and the ability to work well in a team environment are also important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing data pipelines: designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines to collect, process, and store large volumes of data.
- Building and maintaining data storage systems: focus on building and maintaining data storage systems. This includes tasks such as designing data models, data structures, creating data flow diagrams.
- Optimizing data pipeline and infrastructure for performance and scalability: work on improving the performance and scalability of data pipelines and storage systems. This may include tasks such as identifying bottlenecks, implementing data partitioning and sharding, and configuring cluster resources.
- Collaborating with other teams: will work closely with data analysts, and other customer and account stakeholders to understand their data needs and develop solutions that meet those needs. This may include tasks such as conducting data quality assessments, providing guidance on data modeling and data pipeline design, and troubleshooting data pipeline issues.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior data engineers: provide guidance and mentorship to junior data engineers, and may also be responsible for code review and performance monitoring.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline.
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in software development with an emphasis on data and data engineering for a minimum of 3-5.
- Strong proficiency in one or more programming languages such as SQL, Python, Go-Lang, Typescript, Terraform, or Pulumi.
- Familiar with data warehousing and storage systems such as BigQuery, Firestore, Redshift, Snowflake, MySQL, Postgresql
- Familiar with data pipeline and ETL development such as Apache Airflow, Apache Beam, Google Dataflow, Google Pubsub
- Strong data modeling and data structures and understanding of database design principles and experience with database management systems such as Google BigQuery, Google Firestore, Snowflake
- Experience with infrastructure as code, containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of data security best practices and experience with technologies such as encryption and data masking.
- Excellent communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; use of hands to finger and grasp; talk and hear at normal room levels; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures; push or pull up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated annual base salary for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $136,500 to $143,325. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.