Senior QA Test Technician
We are Brain Corp and we enable smarter operations. We set out to create the most intelligent tools ever, and now we power the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting intelligence into our customers' operations, we transform manual operations into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more, solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions. For more information on how we are turning robots into tools that serve a purpose and to learn how you can become a brainiac, please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/.
We are looking for a Software QA Test Technician position within the Quality Assurance Engineering team. In this role the candidate will be working on a team responsible for testing our robot software. The role involves a good mix of hands-on testing of the products and collaborating with various project teams in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills, be an effective team player and able to work independently. Responsibilities include testing and troubleshooting Brain Corp robots and software & hardware.
This position is located in our San Diego headquarters and reports to the QA Software Engineering manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Record findings and results of testing and prepare reports on the results
- Analyze and communicate test results and perform reliability analysis.
- Ensure traceability from requirements/specifications to verification.
- Effectively execute, monitor and troubleshoot prototype and manufacturing builds as necessary.
- Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
- Normally you will not receive instructions on routine work but are provided general instructions on new assignments
- Interact in a team environment with software, firmware, hardware and test engineers.
- Track defects and work with software and cross-functional teams to debug.
- Ensure proper and safe test methodology.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline a plus.
- 2 or more years of professional experience as a SW/System QA technician or tester with experience testing both software and hardware.
- Experience with:
- configuration management, defect tracking, test plans, test protocols, and test execution
- Git, Jira or similar version control and bug tracking tools
- complex embedded systems/devices and experience with Linux
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to work independently and unfazed by ambiguity.
- Hands-on mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical aptitude.
- Positive contributor attitude and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work across the full life cycle of software development.
Things that make a difference:
- Applied knowledge of Python, and bash script in a Linux Environment.
- Experience in mobile robotics or industrial automation is a plus.
- Experience with common sensors used in robotics, including cameras (RGB and Depth), LIDARs, IMUs and Sonars is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; use of hands to finger and grasp; talk and hear at normal room levels; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures; push or pull up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $57,536 to $79,112. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.